Get ready to spend all your fucking money this week. ALL OF IT.
Pliny the Younger will start hitting this week. No, not a bottle release, but a rares release in any case. If you’ve never tried it, go out and get some, give it a try.
Here’s this week’s report:
- Crooked Stave/Upslope Ferus Fluxus (a Wild Belgian Pale Ale) releases Monday (2/17) and Tuesday (2/18) at the respective breweries. Crooked Stave is releasing in 375 ml bottles while Upslope is releasing in 19.2 oz cans.
Assuming this hits distro this week.Look for it next week on store shelves. I believe only the CS bottles will hit distro, not the cans…anyone?
- BA Old Rasputin XVI. Peep.
- Bull and Bush is bottling Legend of the Liquid Brain! It’s out now and flying off the shelves.
- Avery Uncle Jacob’s is hitting shelves this week.
- River North released Anniversary Ale #2 on Sunday. Look for some to hit shelves soon (this week?). I tried it this weekend and thought it was fantastic.
- TRVE released Winter Zephyr on Sunday. Look for some to hit Denver vicinity shelves only, because only Denver is metal enough. Another one I tried this weekend…possibly their best so far. (UPDATE: TRVE put on their Facebook page that they sold out on Sunday…so it is unclear if this will even make store shelves. Unless they put some aside…)
- Wait for it…
- Dry Dock releases Bligh’s this Sunday, Feb 23rd, at 11 AM. $20/bottle. No limits posted yet. Look for it in stores next week.
- Avery Opuntia, a sour ale with a dose of prickly pears and matured in small batch tequila barrels for 9 months, releases at Avery on Feb. 23 at 1 PM. $12 per 12oz. bottle, limit 12 bottles.
- Word is TRVE Tiphareth will be released this coming Sunday, Feb 23rd. I’ll update here when definiteness occurs.
- New brewery rumors (TBD):
- Knee Deep (early ’14).
- Off Color.
- Melvin Brewing (Thai Me Up). 2×4? Yes please. No word on when yet, so keep your eye out.
- Is Ballast Point going to make it in
JanuaryFebruary? March? Never?? wtf
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.