Vail Big Beers kicked my ass. Lots of fun though.
Here’s this week’s report:
- On Tuesday (Jan 14), Crooked Stave is releasing bottles of Nightmare on Brett starting at 5 PM (at The Source). $12/bottle, 6 bottle limit. Cash only!!!! (bottles are still available at The Source…this is also hitting stores this week)
- Elevation Señorita and Oil Man
both should be out shortly. Maybe eventhis week. They are here, man.
- Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence.
- Bigfoot. Complete your 31 year vertical.
- AC Golden Framboise Noir (this week or next week).
- On Jan 25, River North will release B-Side Avarice at 1 PM (at the brewery). Mr. Bs will also release it later that same day. No word yet on limits/cost.
- BA Old Rasputin XVI usually shows up late December, but it didn’t…maybe this month?
- I know I said I would not be providing updates for Firestone Walker beers…but I think that time has passed. Although FW is still highly sought, we are seeing more and more phenomenal beers hit the region (thanks Crooked Stave Artisans!). With that said, Sucaba should be hitting reeeal soon. (P.S. – Stop calling the stores! It won’t be out in Denver for a couple weeks yet! Jeez.)
- TRVE Tiphareth and Winter Zephyr will make appearances this winter.
- Dry Dock’s Bligh’s should be out late Jan/early Feb. At Big Beers, they said late Jan…we shall see.
- New brewery rumors (TBD):
- Knee Deep (early ’14).
- Off Color.
- Melvin Brewing (Thai Me Up). 2×4? Yes please. No word on when yet, so keep your eye out.
- Is Ballast Point going to make it in January? That’s the last rumor…
- Other beers, unknown dates, randomness, yay:
- Stone Matt’s Burning Rosid, an imperial cherrywood-smoked saison.
- It looks like Crooked Stave Artisans is bringing more interesting stuff, including De Struise Black Albert and Pannepøt, Invercargill Smokin’ Bishop, Yeastie Boys Gunnamatta, To Øl Fuck Art – This Is Architecture (yes, this was approved for CO), some Dieu Du Ciel beer, some new (to us) Mikkeller beers and more. This. Is. Awesome!
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.
Disclaimer: I do not post about Russian River, Cantillon, various Firestone Walker and other very rare beers. Thank the hoarders for this…some things still need to be kept secret from these scoundrels.