Here’s this week’s report:
- Time to get an equity loan, because it looks like Utopias is hitting this week.
- Supposedly, New Belgium Brewing’s latest Lips of Faith offerings (Cigar City + New Belgium Collaboration Ale and Wild2 Dubbel) have been released.
Who knows when the hell Denver will get these, but keep your eyes peeled just in case. Please let me know if you see them, in Denver or otherwise.Well go figure…these are hitting Denver shelves now.
- Avery Czar.
- Renegade Hammer & Sickle, a 9% ABV RIS, cans out this week. Time for some shotgunning. (it appears only some stores got it so far, look for more next week)
- [Some of] The Four Sisters of Goose Island hit some stores last week. Lolita, Gillian and Halia have hit very few select stores. This week, Juliet has also been spotted along with the other 3 sisters.
- By now, you’ve probably heard that Stone’s über-fresh Enjoy By 12.13.13 is hitting us. I’d estimate it arrives sometime during the week of Nov 11th (next week). Also from Stone; Double Bastard, Southern Charred, Crime and Punishment. <— Double Bastard is already hitting shelves this week.
- Boulder Beer The Dude’s Bane (a Barleywine aged in Bourbon Barrels) releases Nov 16 at 3PM at Boulder Beer Co only.
- Elevation’s BA Double IPA (formerly Inconceivable) should be out soon?
- Firestone Walker XVII sometime this month.
- Deschutes The Abyss this month.
- Let the drama of Bourbon County Stout live on. Will we see it hit Denver? Will the variants make it here? When will it hit (tentative = Black Friday)? Stay tuned beer friends, this could be interesting… Of note; labels have been approved for CO for BCBS, Proprietors, Backyeard Rye and Barleywine. Coffee was approved way back in 2010…I assume the past approval still stands but I don’t know how all this approval stuff works. One major disclaimer: Just because a beer has been approved doesn’t mean we are getting it (i.e. – rare and vanilla were approved for CO). Many times, they just get blanket approvals for everything.
- The Bruery 6 Geese-A-Laying should be out either late Nov or early Dec.
- Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball? Maybe.
- Boulevard Imperial Stout 2013? Should happen soon.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.
Disclaimer: I do not post about Russian River, Cantillon, various Firestone Walker and other very rare beers. Thank the hoarders for this…some things still need to be kept secret from these scoundrels.