The big beers are coming. Huge stouts, barleywines, holiday brews…collect them all!
Here’s this week’s report:
- Huge Crooked Stave Artisans (12%) drop:
Crooked Stave L’Brett D’Or, Jester King Black Metal, more Prairie Artisan Ales, Oakshire Brewing Brewer’s Reserve 6th Anniversary Brandy Barrel Barleywine, Jackie O’s Mystic Mama IPA, Perennial Peach Berliner Weisse and Heart of Gold Wheatwine, and Hof ten Dormaal Dark Strong Ale aged in Armagnac Casks. Whew.
- The Four Sisters of Goose Island seem to be hitting some stores. Lolita hit a few select places last week, now Gilliam and Halia are hitting. I retract any earlier statements about these beers not hitting Denver. They are.
- Elevation Apis IV is hitting some places now.
- Some Paradox stuff.
- Caution Brewing Barrel Aged Toaster Bat Black releases at 2 PM on Sat, Nov. 2 at the Denver tap room, 2445 E 39th Ave #314. Bottles are $25 and limited to 2. Only 20 cases. Elevated Wood anyone?
- Supposedly, New Belgium Brewing’s latest Lips of Faith offerings (Cigar City + New Belgium Collaboration Ale and Wild2 Dubbel) have been released. Who knows when the hell Denver will get these, but keep your eyes peeled just in case. Please let me know if you see them.
- Renegade Hammer & Sickle, a 9% ABV RIS, should be out in cans sometime around Nov 6th. Time for some shotgunning.
- Elevation’s BA Double IPA (formerly Inconceivable) should be out soon.
- Boulder Beer The Dude’s Bane (a Barleywine aged in Bourbon Barrels) releases Nov 16 at 3PM at Boulder Beer Co only.
- Firestone Walker XVII sometime this month.
- Deschutes The Abyss this month.
- I was really hoping I’d be the one that broke the news about Bourbon County Stout…but GI beat me to it by posting the info on their Facebook page. I was waiting to release the news until Nov hit…oh well. At least let me be the guy that confirms it: I spoke with the local GI rep several weeks ago, right before GABF. She said that Bourbon County Stout and all variants (except the one CHI-only variant) would be hitting CO. Black Friday (Nov 29th) is the supposed release date…let’s see how this goes down. Excited?
- The Bruery 6 Geese-A-Laying should be out either late Nov or early Dec.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.
Disclaimer: I do not post about Russian River, Cantillon, various Firestone Walker and other very rare beers. Thank the hoarders for this…some things still need to be kept secret from these scoundrels.