Don’t forget to visit the GABF Calendar! This calendar includes events surrounding the GABF as part of Denver Beer Week. The calendar is frequently updated, daily.
Expect limited updates this week. By Wednesday, I will be out of commision. I’ll try to keep y’all posted about anything special, but don’t count on it. Updating the blog via my cell phone while I’m waiting on line 50 people deep to try a 1 ounce pour of the rares doesn’t sound awesome. Actually, none of that sounds awesome.
Here’s this week’s report:
- AC Golden Checkpoint Charlie Berliner Weisse is already hitting this week.
- More Three Barrel showed up this week.
- More Perennial!
- Will Elevation Downpour, a Fresh Hop Extra IPA, hit this week? Remember that last year it was an imperial red? Going forward, Downpour will be a slightly different fresh hop each year. In mid-Oct, look for Inconceivable, a Barrel Aged Double IPA and the return of Apis IV.
- GABF Beer (some of this stuff is already dropping!):
- Jester King just dropped a bunch of brews! OMG!
- Oakshire Brewing Co.
- Crooked Stave Origins Batch 2. It will be released at the new tap room at The Source on Oct 9 (see my GABF calendar), but it will also be released at stores on the same day. It’s raining Origins!
- Cigar City and Sun King cans (Osiris, Sunlight Cream and Wee Mac) started to show up last week.
- Rumored that Shorts is coming again too, like last year (confirmed by Brewtally Insane!).
- Ska/DC Brau Taster’s Choice #cans #hashtags #fuckinhatethem #imeanhashtagsnotcans
- New Belgium & Cigar City collaboration beer, brewed with anaheim and marash chilis. Release date TBD, but label has already been approved for CO. On tap at Freshcraft one night.
- Firestone Walker/Mikkeller Lil’ Mikkel is going to hit us soon. Not sure on date, but label has been approved for CO already. On tap at Freshcraft one night.
- Perennial started showing up last week. There’s some Perennial tappings during GABF.
- River North Scotch Barrel J Marie and J Marie Barreled & Bretted in the pipeline. Maybe this week? Also, look for the B-Side releases…
- Dogfish Head American Beauty sometime this month.
- Great Divide Grand Cru w/Peaches sometime this month, possibly early Oct.
- Odell Woodcut No. 7 is coming soon. 12.5% RIS. Yes please.
- Ballast Point (Latest rumors is we might see them arrive this week…let’s hope not because there’s like 1 billion beer geeks in town)
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.