Don’t forget to visit the GABF Calendar! This calendar includes events surrounding the GABF as part of Denver Beer Week. Expect an explosion of events soon. It’s like a party in your mouth and everyone’s coming! Wait…what??
Here’s this week’s report:
- AleSmith is here. Rejoice!
- The highly sought after and acclaimed Elysian pumpkin beers are out; The Great Pumpkin, Dark O’ The Moon and Night Owl.
- I don’t post about Pliny the Elder.
- Three Barrel Brewing will start distributing to Denver. Rumor is only one store in Denver will have it initially, Mondo Vino. peep. Friday.
- Iron Maiden Trooper Ale
might actually come this week…Nope. Try again.
- From Epic Brewing‘s Facebook page: “Denver’s first release of Big Bad Baptist, #14 featuring Cranknstein’s Black Satin coffee and weighing in at 12.1%.”. This should hit stores next week yo!
- TRVE Vexovoid releases Sep 21 at 2PM at the brewery. It’s not expected that this will see store shelves.
- RUMPKIN release at Avery on Sep 22 at 5 PM. 1 case limit, $12 each. Best. Pumpkin. Beer. Evar.
- River North is releasing a new barrel series beer; Rum Barrel Quandary. It will be released Saturday, Sep 28 at 1PM at the brewery. 72 cases, so we should probably see some hit the stores the following week? They also have a Scotch Barrel J Marie and J Marie Barreled & Betted in the pipeline. GABF?
- Boulder Beer’s Dragonhosen Imperial Oktoberfest will be out this month. Sounds interesting to me!
- Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad should hit late Sep (or early Oct).
- Odell Fernet Aged Porter should hit late Sep/early Oct.
- New Belgium & Cigar City collaboration beer, brewed with anaheim and marash chilis. Release date TBD, but label has already been approved for CO.
- Firestone Walker/Mikkeller Lil’ Mikkel is going to hit us soon. Not sure on date, but label has been approved for CO already. Talking about Firestone Walker…dare I mention…”it”?
- Odell Woodcut No. 7 is coming soon. 12.5% RIS. Yes please.
- Based on recent approvals, we should be seeing the following very soon (UPDATED ON 9/5):
- AlesSmith Backcountry Pizza in Boulder is having a launch party for AleSmith on Monday, Sep 9!! Falling Rock will be pouring them on Sep 10th!!! Hops & Pie on the 11th!!! WINNING!!
- Saint Arnold Falling Rock is having a kickoff on 9/16…
- Some Utah Brewers Cooperative breweries, including Wasatch and Squatters
- Ballast Point (although, they might not hit until late October based on some rumors?)
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.