Don’t forget to visit the GABF Calendar! This calendar includes events surrounding the GABF as part of Denver Beer Week. Expect an explosion of events soon. It’s like a party in your mouth and everyone’s coming! Wait…what??
Here’s this week’s report:
- Avery Thensaurum is hitting stores. Very limited.
- Expect more stores to get Evil Twin, Stillwater and Hof ten Dormaal this week.
- New Belgium Yuzu Imperial Berliner Weisse and Coconut Curry Hefe are starting to hit Denver. Freaking finally.
- Speakeasy is in the house.
- SN Narwhal.
- Iron Maiden Trooper Ale? There is one distributor in the area carrying it, so we’ll see… Does this qualify for beer hunting? Who cares, because…metal. A Beer Pulse article indicates that Denver’s distributor has it now (as of 8/26).
- New Belgium & Cigar City collaboration beer, brewed with anaheim and marash chilis. Release date TBD, but label has already been approved for CO.
- Firestone Walker/Mikkeller Lil’ Mikkel is going to hit us soon. Not sure on date, but label has been approved for CO already. Talking about Firestone Walker…dare I mention…”it”?
- Boulder Beer’s Dragonhosen Imperial Oktoberfest will be out this month. Sounds interesting to me!
- RUMPKIN release at Avery on Sep 22 at 5 PM. 1 case limit, $12 each. Best. Pumpkin. Beer. Evar.
- Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad should hit late Sep (or early Oct).
- Based on recent approvals, we should be seeing the following very soon (UPDATED ON 9/5):
- AlesSmith Backcountry Pizza in Boulder is having a launch party for AleSmith on Monday, Sep 9!!
- Saint Arnold Falling Rock is having a kickoff on 9/16…
- Some Utah Brewers Cooperative breweries, including Wasatch and Squatters
- Ballast Point (although, they might not hit until late October based on some rumors?)
- Three Barrel Brewing will start distributing to Denver. Maybe. Some day. Rumor is only two stores in Denver will have it initially, Mondo Vino and Toast Wine and Spirits…when. When? WHEN!!
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.