Don’t forget to visit the GABF Calendar! This calendar includes events surrounding the GABF as part of Denver Beer Week.
Here’s this week’s report:
- Bull & Bush Turnip the Beets. Delicious and glorious.
- The Bruery Batch 1000 Bryeian should hit this week. It left CA last week, dammit! Also looke for Autumn Maple.
- There’s public knowledge about some very special beers that will drop this week. I’m providing no specifics because this first drop will be small. Let’s just say, “git huntin'”. (if you really don’t know, hit me up privatesly) By now, the cats out of the bag. Read this article from First Drafts.
- Port BA Santa’s Little Helper.
- Iron Maiden Trooper Ale? There is one distributor in the area carrying it, so we’ll see… Does this qualify for beer hunting? Who cares, because…metal. Iron Maiden’s gonna get you, no matter how far.
- New Belgium Yuzu Imperial Berliner Weisse and Coconut Curry Hefe have been spotted in Ft Collins. Denver should see it at some point in the [distant] future. (UPDATE on 8/28: In Denver, Coors wants to get rid of about 12 cases of Heavenly Feijoa. Pluot is finally gone from the distrib. So maybe very soon-ish.)
- Soon come:
- New Belgium & Cigar City collaboration beer, brewed with anaheim and marash chilis. Release date TBD, but label has already been approved for CO.
- Firestone Walker/Mikkeller Lil’ Mikkel is going to hit us soon. Not sure on date, but label has been approved for CO already.
- Three Barrel Brewing will start distributing to Denver very soon. Rumor is only one store in Denver will have it…
- There are RUMORS that AleSmith is coming to CO soon. This is a recurring rumor…so let’s sit on this and see what happens. (Rumor mill = September?!?!?!?!, also this appears to not be a rumor, but a reality)
- Some Salt Lake breweries, including Wasatch and Squatters, are also hitting the market soon (September)
- And….Speakeasy out of San Fran is also scheduled to hit the market soon (September)
Saint Arnold from Houston has been confirmed to enter the Denver market in September. Their Amarillo Hefe is wonderful…I’d like more please.
- Word is out that Ballast Point is re-entering the CO market. It’s looking like late Oct now.
- Is the market getting too crowded????? It’s unclear if some of these are just coming temporarily for GABF, similar to what Short’s did last year, but it’s going to get rough for out of state breweries to survive in this market.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.