I’ve updated the look and feel. Tell me what you think? I thought a wider horizontal layout would be better, especially for the GABF Calendar. No more banner image, which is fine.
Don’t forget to visit the GABF Calendar! This calendar includes events surrounding the GABF as part of Denver Beer Week.
Here’s this week’s report:
- Avery Thensaurum releases this Sunday, August 25th at the brewery. Very limited, doubtful it will hit stores.
- The Bruery Batch 1000 should hit possibly this week (Yeaaaaah, maybe next week.). The best part? The recipe is from a couple of Denver locals, one of them a frequenter of this very blog. W00t!
- Iron Maiden Trooper Ale? There is one distributor in the area carrying it, so we’ll see… Does this qualify for beer hunting? Who cares, because…metal. Iron Maiden’s gonna get you, no matter how far.
- Word is out that Ballast Point is re-entering the CO market. Now this is one of those situations where I’m all sorts of confused. There was going to be a tapping at Backcountry Pizza which appears to have been postponed. Word is late October now. Yeah, right.
- New Belgium Yuzu Imperial Berliner Weisse and Coconut Curry Hefe have been spotted in Ft Collins. Denver should see it at some point in the [distant] future. (UPDATE on 8/22: In Denver, Coors wants to get rid of about 19 cases of Heavenly Feijoa and 5 cases of Pluot before they release these two. So maybe soon-ish.)
- Soon come:
- New Belgium & Cigar City collaboration beer, brewed with anaheim and marash chilis. Release date TBD, but label has already been approved.
- Firestone Walker/Mikkeller Lil’ Mikkel is going to hit us soon. Not sure on date, but label has been approved already.
- Three Barrel Brewing will start distributing to Denver very soon. Rumor is only one store in Denver will have it…
- There are RUMORS that AleSmith is coming to CO soon. This is a recurring rumor…so let’s sit on this and see what happens. (Rumor mill = September?!?!?!?!)
- Some Salt Lake breweries, including Wasatch and Squatters, are also hitting the market soon (September)
- And….Speakeasy out of San Fran is also scheduled to hit the market soon (September)
Saint Arnold from Houston has been confirmed to enter the Denver market in September. Their Amarillo Hefe is wonderful…I’d like more please.
- Is the market getting too crowded????? It’s unclear if some of these are just coming temporarily for GABF, similar to what Short’s did last year, but it’s going to get rough for breweries to survive in this market.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.