Here’s this week’s report:
I’ve added a new feature to the blog, the GABF Calendar! This calendar includes events surrounding the GABF as part of Denver Beer Week.
- Avery’s The Beast. All up in here.
- Elevation’s Wild Flowers and Engel Weisse hit some stores late last week. The release of these beers has been all over the map; here one week, not the next, one shows up, the other doesn’t. So, just go out and look for it.
- Cigar City/De Proef Tropical Tripel is rumored to hit this week…
- Iron Maiden Trooper Ale? There is one distributor in the area carrying it, so we’ll see… Does this qualify for beer hunting? Who cares, because…metal. Iron Maiden’s gonna get you, no matter how far.
- The Bruery Batch 1000 should hit us in about 2 weeks. The best part? The recipe is from a couple of Denver locals, one of them a frequenter of this very blog. W00t!
- New Belgium Yuzu Imperial Berliner Weisse and Coconut Curry Hefe have been spotted in Ft Collins. Denver should see it at some point in the [distant] future. (UPDATE: In Denver, Coors wants to get rid of about 85 cases of Heavenly Feijoa and 69 cases of Pluot before they release these two. So….looks like it might be a while.)
- Avery will release Thensaurum very soon. No release date yet (or, August 25th).
- Stone 17th Anniversary Götterdämmerung IPA very soon…next week maybe?
- Word is out that Ballast Point is re-entering the CO market. This should happen this month…?
- Sierra Nevada Beer Camp should hit Denver in about 2 weeks. Also, Narwhal should be here in about a month.
- Soon come:
- New Belgium & Cigar City collaboration beer, brewed with anaheim and marash chilis. Release date TBD, but label has already been approved.
- Three Barrel Brewing will start distributing to Denver very soon. Rumor is only one store in Denver will have it…
- There are RUMORS that AleSmith is coming to CO soon. This is a recurring rumor…so let’s sit on this and see what happens. (Rumor mill = September?!?!?!?!)
Another rumored entry into the Colorado market isSaint Arnold from Houston has been confirmed to enter the Denver market in September. Their Amarillo Hefe is wonderful…I’d like more please.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.