Here’s this week’s report:
I’ve added a new feature to the blog, the GABF Calendar! This calendar includes events surrounding the GABF as part of Denver Beer Week.
- Stone Coconut IPA
might willhit us this week. It’s on shelves now folks, and it’s more rare than W00tStout. Many places are limiting it to 1 bottle…so hunt now!
- The Bruery Tart of Darkness has also hit. Also, Sour In The Rye.
- Elevation’s Wild Flowers, an Imperial Saison, hit some stores last week. More this week?
(I saw no more on the market this week. Anyone else?Apparently, some more did hit this Friday, along with Engel Weisse).
- New Belgium Yuzu Imperial Berliner Weisse and Coconut Curry Hefe have been spotted in Ft Collins. Denver should see it at some point in the [distant] future. (UPDATE: In Denver, Coors wants to get rid of about 85 cases of Heavenly Feijoa and 69 cases of Pluto before they release these two. So….looks like it might be a while.)
- Iron Maiden Trooper Ale? There is one distributor in the area carrying it, so we’ll see… Does this qualify for beer hunting? Who cares, because…metal. Iron Maiden’s gonna get you, no matter how far.
- Avery will release Thensaurum very soon (August). In other news, Avery is dominating the releases this Summer. DOMINATING.
- Stone 17th Anniversary Götterdämmerung IPA in August. Wow! Stone is also crushing it this Summer!
- Soon come:
- New Belgium & Cigar City collaboration beer, brewed with anaheim and marash chilis. Release date TBD, but label has already been approved.
- Three Barrel Brewing will start distributing to Denver very soon. Rumor is only one store in Denver will have it…
- Word is out that Ballast Point is re-entering the CO market. No specific details on which brews or exactly when, but soon come. (August)
- There are RUMORS that AleSmith is coming to CO soon. This is a recurring rumor…so let’s sit on this and see what happens. (Rumor mill = September?!?!?!?!)
- Another rumored entry into the Colorado market is Saint Arnold from Houston. Possibly in September. Their Amarillo Hefe is wonderful…I’d like more please.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.