Here’s this week’s report:
It’s American Craft Beer Week! Check your local breweries and beer bars for events all week. Special releases, beer events, etc. Also, there’s these guys working towards opening a new brewery in Denver, would you be so kind as to fill out their survey? surveymonkey.com/s/96BQK7B
- I’m thinking we’ll see Crooked Stave’s Hop Savant hit shelves this week. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. (P.S. – I was not wrong.)
New Belgium Paardebloem and Pluot are both on shelves now (or hitting your store soon). Although, I haven’t seen it yet…anyone confirm?Fuck this shit. If the distrib is going to sit on NB stuff for silly reasons, then I’m not including NB in the reports anymore.
- Avery is releasing their next anniversary beer; Twenty XX India Pale Ale. The release party is May 16th, and like their other anni beers, we should see this hit shelves. (LATE FRIDAY UPDATE: It’s hitting Denver-area shelves)
- Strange Brewing will release their 2012 GABF Bronze winning barleywine, dr. strangelove, on Friday, May 17th at noon. This will be a brewery-only release, $20 a pop, yo.
- River North is releasing their next Barrel Series beer on May 18; Whiskey Barrel-Aged Hello, Darkness. Only 30 cases bottled, so this will be a taproom-only release. A black IPA aged in whiskey barrels sounds like heaven to me!
- Odell is releasing Celastrina saison on May 18th. Assuming this will hit shelves.
- Crooked Stave is having a Roy G. Biv party on May 19th! This is to celebrate the release of Wild Wild Brett Violet and the end of the series. This won’t see store shelves. It’s a rainbow party, with unicorns and shit!
- Upslope will be releasing their new IIPA in May. This thing will be HUGE; a 10 percent ABV double IPA in 19.2-ounce imperial pint cans. Whaaaaattt! This will be a new year round, so not necessarily rare, but fun as hell.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.