Here’s this week’s report:
Last week saw the release of Firestone Walker Parabola. It became a beer hunters nightmare (or dream? “Thrill of the hunt”…) since the Colorado allocation was cut in half this year. Between a smaller allocation and a growing beer geek population, it was difficult to track down Parabola. Many stores sold out before it even hit shelves, and stores that usually post on social media or newsletters about a beer’s arrival did not post about Parabola. Cantillon, specifically Fou’ Foune, was also spotted in an extremely limited amount.
- Really, not much to report this week. Avery Samael’s is out, Grimm Bros Maiden Kiss, various mixed 12-packs. Nice to have a slow week….but just wait until next week. Because, beer.
- Avery is releasing their next anniversary beer; Twenty XX India Pale Ale. The release party is May 16th, and like their other anni beers, we should see this hit shelves.
- River North is releasing their next Barrel Series beer on May 18; Whiskey Barrel-Aged Hello, Darkness. Only 30 cases bottled, so this will be a taproom-only release. A black IPA aged in whiskey barrels sounds like heaven to me!
- Odell is releasing Celastrina saison on May 18th. Assuming this will hit shelves.
- Crooked Stave is having a Roy G. Biv party on May 19th! This is to celebrate the release of Wild Wild Brett Violet and the end of the series. This won’t see store shelves. It’s a rainbow party, with unicorns and shit!
- Upslope will be releasing their new IIPA in May. This thing will be HUGE; a 10 percent ABV double IPA in 19.2-ounce imperial pint cans. Whaaaaattt! This will be a new year round, so not necessarily rare, but fun as hell.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.