Here’s this week’s report:
The trend: Brewery only releases.
- It’s here. You know what it is. And it’s going fast…some beer hunters are posting locations in the comments section…
- Goose Island. Big John. WHAT!?!?! WHAT!!?!!!!?!!!!!?!
- Avery is releasing Volunt Plus Erat this Saturday (05/04) at 5PM, brewery-only release…it is doubtful this will see store shelves. Only 55 cases being released. $8 per bottle, 6 bottle limit. Wish there was more 😦
- Avery is releasing their next anniversary beer; Twenty XX India Pale Ale. The release party is May 16th, and like their other anni beers, we should see this hit shelves.
- River North is releasing their next Barrel Series beer on May 18; Whiskey Barrel-Aged Hello, Darkness. Only 30 cases bottled, so this will be a taproom-only release. A black IPA aged in whiskey barrels sounds like heaven to me!
- Odell is releasing Celastrina saison on May 18th. Assuming this will hit shelves.
- Crooked Stave is having a Roy G. Biv party on May 19th! This is to celebrate the release of Wild Wild Brett Violet and the end of the series. It’s widely expected Violet will sell out that day (or will only be available from onsite otherwise), so this won’t see shelves. It’s a rainbow party, with unicorns and shit!
- Upslope will be releasing their new IIPA in May. This thing will be HUGE; a 10 percent ABV double IPA in 19.2-ounce imperial pint cans. Whaaaaattt! This will be a new year round, so not necessarily rare, but fun as hell.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.