Here’s this week’s report:
- This week is Colorado Craft beer week (March 18-24), expect some special releases this week:
- River North will release their Barrel Reserve 2013. This blend of barrel-aged beers from RN is a one time beer with only 120 cases made. It will be released at the brewery March 23rd and should see store shelves afterward.
- Our Mutual Friend will release Winter Warmer 2013 in bottles on March 22nd. Only 100 bottles and a 2 bottle limit per person. I doubt these will see store shelves since OMF doesn’t distribute yet…
- Crooked Stave is releasing Origins on March 22nd. There will be a 3 bottle limit for this burgundy sour ale which will be sold from the Barrel Cellar taproom.
- Ska Brewing Seasonal Stout Series Vernal Minthe Stout is releasing this week.
- A bunch of stuff tap only…but this here blog site is about bottle releases. So you’ll have to hunt the taps on your own. But please do get out and celebrate craft beer in Colorado this week!
- Stone EnjoyBy 4/20/2013 has been confirmed for Colorado: http://www.stonebrewing.com/enjoyby/. This is showing up on shelves already.
- Elevation is releasing Third Base (a Belgian tripel) and False Summit (a Bourbon barrel-aged Quadrupel) mid to late March. That means very soon. (UPDATE: False Summit is a few weeks out due to TTB labeling issues.)
Ska Brewing / DC Brau collaboration Taster’s Choice *might* hit soon. I’m putting a placeholder here for this one, because it looks to me like this is being released in Washington DC only…more info as I find out more.
- Stone / Aleman / Two Brothers Dayman Coffee IPA releases 3/18 at the brewery. Expect it in Denver soon.
Boulevard Coffee Ale (3/19) is releasing Tuesday in Kansas City. It should hit Denver soon.
- Will we also see the Dogfish Head/Sierra Nevada collaboration Rhizing Bines? Word is, a definite maybe. lolz. Oh, and hey, Sixty-One should be around in the next few weeks too.
Odell Brewing Tree Shaker Imperial Peach IPA is coming in April. Really love your peaches, want to shake your tree-eee-ee.
- Also from Stone, expect the IRS to hit around 4/15. But even more important, Espresso IRS is coming. Holy fuckballs!
- Two words: Parabola. Ok, so that’s only one word…but it SHOULD be two. Dropping 4/13 at the brewery, expect it in Denver shortly after that. Please send a request to me to drop it from the report.
- On the horizon (File under “Maybe it ain’t happening”):
- Word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO. (NEW: It looks like Clown Shoes license has been approved and they could start shipping as early as April. W00t!)
- La Cumbre is supposed to be bringing their highly acclaimed Elevated IPA to CO very soon. GABF Gold? 97 on Beer Advocate? 100 on RateBeer!?!? Yes please! (UPDATE: The brewer is still scouting for quality distributors. They want to ensure that their beer is stored cold, as it should be. This could be days, weeks or months out…stay tuned.)
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.