Here’s this week’s report:
- Red Poppy. That is all.
- Wynkoop Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout is FINALLY hitting today (Monday, 3/11/13)…keep your balls, er I mean, eyes out.
- Will we also see the Dogfish Head/Sierra Nevada collaboration Rhizing Bines? Word is, a definite maybe. lolz. Oh, and hey, Sixty-One should be around in the next few weeks too.
- Stone EnjoyBy 4/20/2013 has been confirmed for Colorado: http://www.stonebrewing.com/enjoyby/. It should hit around a month before 4/20, so expect it to hit shelves around the week of 3/18. Bottling is 3/15.
- During Colorado Craft beer week (March 18-24), expect some special releases.
- River North will release their Barrel Reserve 2013. This blend of barrel-aged beers from RN is a one time beer with only 120 cases made. It will be released at the brewery March 23rd and should see store shelves afterward.
- Our Mutual Friend will release Winter Warmer 2013 in bottles on March 22nd. Only 100 bottles and a 2 bottle limit per person. I doubt these will see store shelves since OMF doesn’t distribute yet…
- A bunch of stuff tap only…but this here blog site is about bottle releases. So you’ll have to hunt the taps on your own. But please do get out and celebrate craft beer in Colorado this week!
- Also from Stone, expect the IRS to hit around 4/15. But even more important, Espresso IRS is coming. Holy fuckballs!
- On the horizon (File under “Maybe it ain’t happening”):
- Word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO. (Check here and notice it says “Colorado- coming soon”) (UPDATE: They expect to be in CO sometime in the 1st quarter of 2013…)
- La Cumbre is supposed to be bringing their highly acclaimed Elevated IPA to CO very soon. GABF Gold? 97 on Beer Advocate? 100 on RateBeer!?!? Yes please! (UPDATE: The brewer is still scouting for quality distributors. They want to ensure that their beer is stored cold, as it should be. This could be days, weeks or months out…stay tuned.)
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.