Here’s this week’s report:
Unbelievable, but as of this writing (3/5/13), one store is releasing more Pliny and Sanctification….and another has BA Bigfoot. Today. Whut?All gone? Or is it…word is more BA Bigfoot might be hitting…no idea where though. You might even want to check your favorite watering holes…some bars also got bottles.
- New Belgium’s Rampant Imperial IPA is hitting shelves now. Reviews are mostly positive. Also from NB, the first in their Hop Kitchen series, Hoppy Bock Lager, is hitting this week.
- Looks like Lagunitas WTF is hitting shelves.
- Will we also see the Dogfish Head/Sierra Nevada collaboration Rhizing Bines? Word is, a definite maybe. lolz.
- Wynkoop Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout will hit by the end of …January? wtf. (UPDATE: there is a very good chance we will see this FINALLY starting next week…as early as Monday)
- Stone EnjoyBy 4/20/2013 is reportedly heading to Colorado! Rejoice stoners! This should hit around a month before 4/20, so expect it to hit shelves around the week of 3/18. By the way, this has been confirmed: http://www.stonebrewing.com/enjoyby/.
- Also from Stone, expect the IRS to hit around 4/15. But even more important, Espresso IRS is coming. Holy fuckballs!
- On the horizon (File under “Maybe it ain’t happening”):
- Word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO. (Check here and notice it says “Colorado- coming soon”) (UPDATE: They expect to be in CO sometime in the 1st quarter of 2013…)
- La Cumbre is supposed to be bringing their highly acclaimed Elevated IPA to CO very soon. GABF Gold? 97 on Beer Advocate? 100 on RateBeer!?!? Yes please! (UPDATE: The brewer is still scouting for quality distributors. They want to ensure that their beer is stored cold, as it should be. This could be days, weeks or months out…stay tuned.)
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.