Here’s this week’s report:
Pliny the Younger is hitting a bunch of places this weekend, it’s like PtY weekend out there. Go surf the web for more info.
Also, I will be celebrating my annual “Birthday Beer Tour” this Saturday, the 23rd during the day (done by 6 PM). On the agenda right now is Falling Rock for PtY in the morning, Black Shirt, Brewery Rickoli, Our Mutual Friends, De Steeg (maybe), Hops and Pie and Euclid Hall (maybe). My agenda is very loose, so I most likely will not visit all of these places. Feel free to follow me on Twitter or Untappd (hint: I’ll be more consistent on Untappd) to find out where I am and stop by for a beer with me.
- River North celebrated their 1st anniversary with a huge Imperial Stout this past Saturday. The 12.5% ABV brew should see store shelves soon since 120 cases were produced. More than enough to go around.
- Word is that Bigfoot and the BA hit this week, but it is very, very limited. 20 cases for the whole state…this is a true hunters item.
- Firestone Walker Sucaba has hit Denver. Please note, the supply is limited this time around, only buy what YOU are going to drink. Don’t be an asshole and hoard. Don’t like it? I don’t have to provide these reports. UPDATE: Many stores are selling out already.
- Wynkoop Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout will hit by the end of …January? wtf.
- Dogfish Head has a big shipment headed our way. Expect some 120 Minute and 75 Minute. Will we also see the Dogfish Head/Sierra Nevada collaboration Rhizing Bines? (not if it’s distributed by Coors, SN’s distributor…we’ll probably be waiting for months here in Denver if that’s the case)
- New Belgium will release Rampant Imperial IPA soon, possibly early March.
- Stone EnjoyBy 4/20/2013 is reportedly heading to Colorado! Rejoice stoners! This should hit around a month before 4/20, so expect it to hit shelves around the week of 3/18.
- Also from Stone, expect the IRS to hit around 4/15. But even more important, Espresso IRS is coming. Holy fuckballs!
- On the horizon:
- Word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO. (Check here and notice it says “Colorado- coming soon”) (UPDATE: They expect to be in CO sometime in the 1st quarter of 2013…)
- La Cumbre is supposed to be bringing their highly acclaimed Elevated IPA to CO very soon. GABF Gold? 97 on Beer Advocate? 100 on RateBeer!?!? Yes please! (UPDATE: The brewer is still scouting for quality distributors. They want to ensure that their beer is stored cold, as it should be. This could be days, weeks or months out…stay tuned.)
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.