Here’s this week’s report:
- Telluride Brewing Company is going to be around town to launch the introduction of their brews to the Denver market. Look for them, check them out and most importantly, drink the beers!
- Boulevard Grain Storm, a Black Rye IPA, is on the shelves.
- Elevation’s Señorita (Horchata Imperial Porter) is showing up on store shelves now! Also, some stores are getting Elevation’s Little Mo’ Porter and First Cast IPA. Just keep in mind that word “some”. (UPDATE: Just an FYI, only 1 store in the Denver area and 1 store in the Boulder area are getting these for now. More to come in a few weeks…bummed.)
- People are buying up Pliny the Elder by the case before anyone can even see them in the store. Time for me to stop reporting on this one as well, who the eff cares!!!!!
- Funkwerks – Dark Prophet has hit once again.
- **Everything below this line did not happen this week**
- Wynkoop Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout will hit by the end of …January?
- Firestone Walker Sucaba was released last Friday, it should hit Denver really soon yo!
- Bigfoot should be hitting soon.
- New Belgium La Folie 2013 and Transatlantique Kriek should both be all up in here soon.
- Odells’ Amuste, a porter brewed with grape juice and aged in wine barrels, releases this Saturday, Feb 9th.
- River North is celebrating their 1st anniversary with a huge Imperial Stout. The 12.5% ABV brew will be available Saturday, February 16th at 1pm during the brewery’s first-anniversary party. Unknown whether or not this will see store shelves.
- On the horizon:
- Word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO. (Check here and notice it says “Colorado- coming soon”) (UPDATE: They expect to be in CO sometime in the 1st quarter of 2013…)
- La Cumbre is supposed to be bringing their highly acclaimed Elevated IPA to CO very soon. GABF Gold? 97 on Beer Advocate? 100 on RateBeer!?!? Yes please! (UPDATE: The brewer is still scouting for quality distributors. They want to ensure that their beer is stored cold, as it should be. This could be days, weeks or months out…stay tuned.)
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.