Here’s this week’s report:
Sorry about the absence of a report last week. I was out of the country and had limited internet access. I did get to drink some Caribbean beers though.
- Last week, we saw Boulevard Rye on Rye, Dry Dock‘s cans, tons of Shelton Bros stuff (3F Gueuze and Kriek, De Molen’s Cease and Desist, etc) and some other stuff. Dry Dock is showing up on more shelves this week too.
- Renegade has delivered their newly canned 5:00 and Elevation to select stores in the metro area. I do like that Elevation.
- The Lost Abbey Serpent Stout and Green Flash Palate Wrecker have hit this week.
- Elevation’s Oil Man, a RIS aged in Breckenridge Distillery barrels is hitting NOW!!! Also releasing soon is Señorita (Horchata Imperial Porter). Ariba! Ariba! Undalay!
- Wynkoop Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout will hit by the end of the month…this week (doesn’t look like it’s hitting this week. You’ll have to wait to gargle this later)? Two can packs…so funny. Balls to mouth. Etc.
- Bigfoot should be hitting soon. Funny thing is, I saw Bigfoot in the Caribbean. The freaking Caribbean got it before Denver. WTF.
- Odells’ Amuste, a porter brewed with grape juice and aged in wine barrels, releases Feb 9th.
- River North is celebrating their 1st anniversary with a huge Imperial Stout. The 12.5% ABV brew will be available Saturday, February 16th at 1pm during the brewery’s first-anniversary party. Unknown whether or not this will see store shelves.
- On the horizon:
- Word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO. (Check here and notice it says “Colorado- coming soon”) (UPDATE: They expect to be in CO sometime in the 1st quarter of 2013…)
- La Cumbre is supposed to be bringing their highly acclaimed Elevated IPA to CO very soon. GABF Gold? 93 on Beer Advocate? 99 on RateBeer? Yes please! (UPDATE: The brewer is still scouting for quality distributors. They want to ensure that their beer is stored cold, as it should be. This could be days, weeks or months out…stay tuned.)
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.