Here’s this week’s report:
Things really are slowing down. Maybe more later in the week, but not much just yet.
- Showing up on shelves now: Ska Brewing Vinifera, the second in their Stout series, is an oak aged foreign-style stout brewed with Malbec grapes. Interesting.
- Will Barrel-Aged Old Rasputin XV show up soon? Yes, it will. Very, very limited quantities my friends.
- Elevation’s Oil Man, a RIS aged in Breckenridge Distillery barrels should be released sometime around mid-January. Also releasing in mid-January from Elevation is Señorita (Horchata Imperial Porter). Interesting? Yes.
- Word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO. (Check here and notice it says “Colorado- coming soon”) (UPDATE: They expect to be in CO sometime in the 1st quarter of 2013…)
- La Cumbre is supposed to be bringing their highly acclaimed Elevated IPA to CO very soon. GABF Gold? 93 on Beer Advocate? 99 on RateBeer? Yes please! (UPDATE: The brewer is still scouting for quality distributors. They want to ensure that their beer is stored cold, as it should be. This could be days, weeks or months out…stay tuned.)
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.