Here’s this week’s report:
Maybe it’s starting to slow down? We’ll see how the week pans out.
Also, a little story: About a year ago, I heard about FiftyFifty Eclipse hitting Denver. It seemed like each store had different variations, so I ran around town from store to store, searching for all the different variations. I hunted for beers before then, of course, but this was a completely different ball game. It was fun, exciting and challenging. It’s what got me into beer hunting hardcore. And so I started this blog. So it’s a special week now that Eclipse is hitting again…it’s what started it all. But, I’m backing off on buying all the variations this year, I might buy a couple, but that’s it. It’s a damn good beer, but awful pricey. Regardless, try it if you’ve got the green for it.
- FiftyFifty Eclipse started to hit late last week, but we should see a lot more this week. Elijah Craig 12 Year, Old Fitzgerald, Bernheim Wheat, Rittenhouse Rye, Evan Williams and Mellow Corn are the variations being spotted this year. I highlighted the new variations from last year.
- Elevation Downpour, a “hoptastic” Double India Red. (UPDATE: This is finally hitting shelves!). Also their RIS, Oil Man, which was aged in Breckenridge Distillery barrels should be released sometime around mid-January. Also releasing in mid-January from Elevation is Señorita (Horchata Imperial Porter). Interesting? Yes.
- What Else? Here’s some beers I haven’t heard about yet, but we should be expecting soon; Barrel-Aged Old Rasputin XV, beer, and beers.
- Word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO. (Check here and notice it says “Colorado- coming soon”) (UPDATE: They expect to be in CO sometime in the 1st quarter of 2013…)
- La Cumbre is supposed to be bringing their highly acclaimed Elevated IPA to CO very soon. GABF Gold? 93 on Beer Advocate? 99 on RateBeer? Yes please! (UPDATE: The brewer is still scouting for quality distributors. They want to ensure that their beer is stored cold, as it should be. This could be days, weeks or months out…stay tuned.)
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.