Here’s this week’s report:
Last week was even more insane than the previous week. Deschutes Abyss hit and we saw a surprise appearance of Cantillon. Unfortunately, there’s some dicks out there hoarding the Cantillon. Because of the ass-hattery that happened surrounding the Cantillon release, I’ve decided to no longer include it in my reports. I just hope this trend doesn’t continue…I’ll stop reporting altogether. I don’t want it to come to that, so be cool everyone.
- Sierra Nevada Narwhal has finally hit. This 10.2 % RIS has been getting plenty of buzz, so go check it out.
- River North’s Barrel Series No. 7, Avarice Imperial Stout aged in whiskey, will debut Monday, December 3rd at 3pm, both on tap and in bombers to-go. It will release to stores
the following weekendNOW. Git some!
- Dry Dock Bligh’s Barleywine is supposed to hit stores around 12/11. There’s also a release on Sunday at the brewery. Straight from the horses mouth: “10 cases (120, 22oz. bottles) will be released at the Dry Dock tasting room on Sunday, December 9th at 11am, limit 1 bottle per person, $20 ea. We’ll also have a limited amount on-tap that day while it lasts! Bligh’s will also be available in your local stores starting on December 11th. Cheers!”. We all know the epicness of this beer…
- Westvleteren XII is coming on 12/12. Only 4 stores in the whole state are getting it; 1 each in Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs and Ft. Collins. Craziness…good luck all. I think I’m gonna pass…someone help a brotha’ out? Go in halfies? Something?
- Another Stone treat, the last in the Vertical Epic series 12/12/12, will hit on…um…12/12/12. See how that works? (UPDATE: It was released today…will we see it this week? Or next…)
- AC Golden’s Ctayt, an award winning RIS, will be available mid-to-late-December.
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout is scheduled to hit Denver the last week of November. Of 2013? (I’ve heard from a reliable source that we are NOT getting any this year. Regardless, I’ll keep this up here for a couple of weeks just in case. Miracles do happen…)Ain’t gonna happen folks. Sorry.
- Elevation will release Downpour, a “hoptastic” Double India Red , in
mid-OctoberNovember or something (UPDATE: “should be hitting stores in the next few weeks”). Also their RIS, Oil Man, which was aged in Breckenridge Distillery barrels should be released sometime around mid- NovemberDecember? (…). (UPDATE: Oil Man had a label issue with the TTB. Hopefully it doesn’t delay the release. I have no idea what’s up with Downpour though…).
- The final Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve release happens on 12/15 and includes…wait for it…Nightmare on Brett Brandy, Nightmare on Brett Cognac, L’Brett d’Or (Dry Hopped), Nightmare on Brett Bourbon, and L’Brett d’Or (non dry-hopped, dummy). The first 3 are members-only…but you know how that works. If any are available, they go to the public. So show up after the release (time TBD) and score some tasty buds bro (or, you know, sours instead of buds).
- Word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO in November, but I have not heard or seen anything yet. We shall see. (Check here and notice it says “Colorado- coming soon”) (UPDATE: They expect to be in CO sometime in the 1st quarter of 2013…)
- La Cumbre is supposed to be bringing their highly acclaimed Elevated IPA to CO very soon. GABF Gold? 93 on Beer Advocate? 99 on RateBeer? Yes please! (UPDATE: The brewer is still scouting for quality distributors. They want to ensure that their beer is stored cold, as it should be. This could be days, weeks or months out…stay tuned.)
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.