Here’s this week’s report:
Last week was insane. We saw FW XVI and Great Divide BA Hibernation hit, all in one week. It was an expensive one. This week might prove to be just as expensive for us beer geeks. Deschutes Abyss should be hitting, and Goose Island Bourbon County Stout might hit too. Who needs Christmas gifts…buy beer instead.
mightwill see some more Firestone Walker XVI this week for those of you that missed it last week.
- Deschutes The Abyss is hitting this week, already out!
- The Bruery is hitting us hard, and it feels so fucking good; 5 Golden Rings, Rugbrod, Rueuze and Smoking Wood.
- Avery Mephistopheles, seeketh it out for thine black heart.
- Anchorage Love Buzz Saison. Blah, blah, blah. Great ratings though. whatever.
- Pliny the Elder is hitting this week! Pliny-heads, go!
- There’s a rare offering that will be in town too…I’m not going to spill the beans about Cantillon though. Sorry.
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout is scheduled to hit Denver the last week of November…this week? (Follow-up: I don’t know what to say folks, but I am getting mixed information from many good sources. Fact is, we might get it, we might not. Keep your eyes open and let me know if you have any REAL information…for example, you work for AB In-Bev, Goose Island, etc. Please, no 2nd hand information.)
- River North’s Barrel Series No. 7, Avarice Imperial Stout aged in whiskey, will debut Monday, December 3rd at 3pm, both on tap and in bombers to-go. It will release to stores the following weekend.
- Elevation will release Downpour, a “hoptastic” Double India Red , in
mid-OctoberNovember or something (UPDATE: “should be hitting stores in the next few weeks”). Also their RIS, Oil Man, which was aged in Breckenridge Distillery barrels should be released sometime around mid- NovemberDecember? (…).
- Word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO in November, but I have not heard or seen anything yet. We shall see. (Check here and notice it says “Colorado- coming soon”)
- Dry Dock Bligh’s Barleywine is supposed to hit 12/11 (<-Fresh new updated date!!). Straight from the horses mouth: “10 cases (120, 22oz. bottles) will be released at the Dry Dock tasting room on Sunday, December 9th at 11am, limit 1 bottle per person, $20 ea. We’ll also have a limited amount on-tap that day while it lasts! Bligh’s will also be available in your local stores starting on December 11th. Cheers!”. We all know the epicness of this beer…
- Another Stone treat, the last in the Vertical Epic series 12/12/12, will hit on…um…12/12/12. See how that works? (Note: according to BeerPulse, the release was pushed to Dec 3…will Denver get it by 12/12/12?)
- The final Crooked Stave Cellar Reserve release happens on 12/15 and includes…wait for it…Nightmare on Brett Brandy, Nightmare on Brett Cognac, L’Brett d’Or (Dry Hopped), Nightmare on Brett Bourbon, and L’Brett d’Or (non dry-hopped, dummy). The first 3 are members-only…but you know how that works. If any are available, they go to the public. So show up after the release (time TBD) and score some tasty buds bro (or, you know, sours instead of buds).
- La Cumbre is supposed to be bringing their highly acclaimed Elevated IPA to CO very soon. GABF Gold? 93 on Beer Advocate? 99 on RateBeer? Yes please!
- Is Westvleteren XII coming soon? Word is out now that it is hitting many stores out East and in the Mid-west in mid-December (12/15)…is Colorado in the dark or will we be getting it? Expect more updates in the coming days/weeks.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.