Here’s this week’s report:
This is the time of year when we see a lot of really special things hit the shelves. This is the season of stouts, barleywines and holiday beers. Keep an eye out for FW XVI (very soon!), Deschutes Abyss (shipping Nov 19th), Dry Dock Bligh’s (12/15?), GI BCS (End of Nov?) and a whole slew of other goodies. I don’t have specific dates for everything, but will do my best to update when I know. Stay tuned…
- Oskar Blues Brewery and SKA Brewing, have come together to create a CANlaboration beer to celebrate the 10 Year CANiversary of Dale’s Pale Ale. oSKAr the G’Rauch is a smoked IPA that will come in 19.2 oz. cans and 16oz. 4-packs. It will only be available at Oskar Blues locations starting Nov 17th (this Saturday)…not in stores folks.
- Epic Brewing Company Brainless on Peaches, Brainless on Cherries, and Sour Apple Saison are showing up on some shelves.
- Firestone Walker XVI releases from the brewery on November 3. Word is, it will hit local distributors on the 19th…stay tuned.
- Deschutes The Abyss is also supposed to go to distributors on the 19th! It might take a little longer to get to Denver though…but keep an eye out.
- Elevation will release Downpour, a “hoptastic” Double India Red , in mid-October (UPDATE: “should be hitting stores in the next few weeks”). Also their RIS, Oil Man, which was aged in Breckenridge Distillery barrels should be released sometime around mid-November (…).
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout is scheduled to hit Denver the last week of November. Git yer hunting pants ready.
- Holy cannoli! Now word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO in November! Git yer clown shoes ready. Soon come?
- Another Stone treat, the last in the Vertical Epic series 12/12/12, will hit on…um…12/12/12. See how that works?
- Is Westvleteren XII coming soon? Who the hell knows. Shelton Bros are reportedly handling Western US distribution now.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.