Here’s this week’s report:
This is the time of year when we see a lot of really special things hit the shelves. This is the season of stouts, barleywines and holiday beers. Keep an eye out for FW XVI (very soon!), Deschutes Abyss (soon!), Dry Dock Bligh’s (12/15?), GI BCS (End of Nov?) and a whole slew of other goodies. I don’t have specific dates for everything, but will do my best to update when I know. Stay tuned…
- Ken Schmidt / Iron Fist / Stone Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout is out now. So is Lukcy Bastard, Double Bastard and The Perfect Crime.
- New Belgium Imperial Coffee Chocolate Stout is a Lips of Faith beer and very, very different than the others in the series…exciting? (Update: this is coming…very, very soon. Some places are already reporting it.). Also look for Biere de Garde, a collaboration ale with Michigan-based Brewery Vivant, to come out very soon as well. (So soon, like today.)
- Others: Odell Friek, Bear Republic Racer X (which started appearing last week actually).
- It looks like Trinity is starting to distribute to some places in Denver…finally! Look for TPS Report and Oh Face at select locations.
- Firestone Walker XVI releases from the brewery on November 3. Word is, it will hit local distributors on the 16th…stay tuned.
- Elevation will release Downpour, a “hoptastic” Double India Red , in mid-October (when??? waiting…!). Also their RIS, Oil Man, which was aged in Breckenridge Distillery barrels should be released sometime around mid-November (…).
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout is scheduled to hit Denver the last week of November. Git yer hunting pants ready.
- Holy cannoli! Now word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO in November! Git yer clown shoes ready. Soon come?
- Another Stone treat, the last in the Vertical Epic series 12/12/12, will hit on…um…12/12/12. See how that works?
- Is Westvleteren XII coming soon? Who the hell knows. Shelton Bros are reportedly handling Western US distribution now.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.