Here’s this week’s report:
- Some 3 Fonteinen goodies are hitting some stores around town, see the comments section folks.
- Upslope is releasing their Christmas Ale in 16 oz cans on Nov 1. The Spiced Belgian-Style Dubbel comes in 16 oz 4-packs. Too early? Nah, it’s beer.
- Left Hand Brewing’s Fade to Black is coming as well. This time around it’s an India black ale.
- Ken Schmidt / Iron Fist / Stone Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout is coming 10/31. The date has been updated and hopefully this is correct now. You should probably keep your eye open for Double Bastard and Lukcy Bastard too.
- Elevation will release Downpour, a “hoptastic” Double India Red , in mid-October (when???). Also their RIS, Oil Man, which was aged in Breckenridge Distillery barrels should be released sometime around mid-November.
- Firestone Walker XVI releases from the brewery on November 3. Need I say more?
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout is scheduled to hit Denver the last week of November. Git yer hunting pants ready.
- Holy cannoli! Now word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO in November! Git yer clown shoes ready.
- Another Stone treat, the last in the Vertical Epic series 12/12/12, will hit on…um…12/12/12. See how that works?
- The label for New Belgium Imperial Coffee Chocolate Stout has been approved…but when is it coming out? We’ll know soon enough. This is a Lips of Faith beer and very, very different than the others in the series…exciting? (Update: this is coming…very, very soon). Also look for Biere de Garde, a collaboration ale with Michigan-based Brewery Vivant, to come out very soon as well.
- Is Westvleteren XII coming soon? It just hit Canada…and Shelton Bros. are reportedly handling Western US distribution now…more to come?
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.