Here’s this week’s report:
Call for contributors: Between my new job, teaching a University course on Saturdays and family commitments, I’m finding it increasingly more difficult to keep up with all of the releases. It would help me immensely if I could get some contributors. All you need to do is post info about upcoming releases, rumored releases, and current releases. I’d really hate to have to quit doing this column altogether, I’d much rather have some contributors instead. If you are interested, please contact me at scott.steigerwald on the good ol’ gmail. Or hit me up on Twitter. Or BA. You get the idea…
- There’s one fantastic store out there that is going to announce an epic cellar release…I don’t think I will post details. I’m a dick like that.
- Marble Imperial Red is out. Hmmm…déjà vu.
- The Bruery Autumn Maple and Oude Tart are hitting stores now.
- Ken Schmidt / Iron Fist / Stone Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout is coming out 10/08. I expect that bottles will hit Denver soon. Maybe this week. I don’t think it came out last week…but last week is a total haze…
- Deschutes The Dissident may hit next week…yippee!
- Elevation will release Downpour, a “hoptastic” Double India Red , in mid-October (this week?). Also their RIS, Oil Man, which was aged in Breckenridge Distillery barrels should be released sometime around mid-November.
- According to a commentor, Dechutes Dissident should hit Denver in October. Thanks Chris!
- Sam Adams Utopia’s usually only comes out once every two years. But, it will be released this year as a special 10th year anniversary edition. Look for it in November with a suggested retail price of $160! Cheap!
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout is scheduled to hit Denver the last week of November. Git yer hunting pants ready.
- Holy cannoli! Now word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO in November! Git yer clown shoes ready.
- Firestone Walker XVI in November. Need I say more?
- The label for New Belgium Imperial Coffee Chocolate Stout has been approved…but when is it coming out? We’ll know soon enough. This is a Lips of Faith beer and very, very different than the others in the series…exciting?
- Is Westvleteren XII coming soon? It just hit Canada…and Shelton Bros. are reportedly handling Western US distribution now…more to come?
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.