Here’s this week’s report:
Visit my handy, dandy GABF Calendar to see all the awesome events. The GABF Calendar is continuously updated as events come available. Holy cow! Want to see something else that’s just…fun? How about my GABF Social Media Map! Zoinks!
- Avery Odio Equum, a sour aged in Cabernet Sauvignon barrels with raspberries, has hit a number of shelves already! On a Monday!
- Stone “Enjoy By 11.09.12” is already hitting, as of 10/8, Monday and is expected everywhere! Check out this link for retail locations. Also, remember to get on the Twitters and say things like “#enjoyby #CO, man” so we get lots of votes. Or whatever.
- Renegade Brewing will release Elevated Wood during the GABF on 10/9. According to them, “Take a kick-ass, hopped up super IPA and put it in a bourbon barrel for 6 months”…sounds damn good to me! By the way, this started showing up on store shelves on Tuesday (10/9). It was news to me that this was going to hit shelves…
- Ken Schmidt / Iron Fist / Stone Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout is coming out 10/08. I expect that bottles will hit Denver shortly afterwards. GABF week?
- Coming for GABF as a one-off is another Oskar Blues/Sunk King collaboration named The Deuce Hopped Up Brown Ale. This sounds…just…great.
- Did you hear that Cigar City will be bringing some of their brews to Denver during the GABF? Freshcraft, Falling Rock and Star Bar will have some of their beers on tap. Awesome! So is Sun King! Golden Road anyone? Shorts is coming again this year, but in a more limited capacity than last year. All the beers!
- Elevation will release Downpour, a “hoptastic” Double India Red , in mid-October. Also their RIS, Oil Man, which was aged in Breckenridge Distillery barrels should be released sometime around mid-November.
- According to a commentor, Dechutes Dissident should hit Denver in October. Thanks Chris!
- Sam Adams Utopia’s usually only comes out once every two years. But, it will be released this year as a special 10th year anniversary edition. Look for it in November with a suggested retail price of $160! Cheap!
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout is scheduled to hit Denver the last week of November. Git yer hunting pants ready.
- Holy cannoli! Now word is out that Clown Shoes will start distributing to CO in November! Git yer clown shoes ready.
- Firestone Walker XVI in November. Need I say more?
- The label for New Belgium Imperial Coffee Chocolate Stout has been approved…but when is it coming out? We’ll know soon enough. This is a Lips of Faith beer and very, very different than the others in the series…exciting?
- Is Westvleteren XII coming soon? It just hit Canada…and Shelton Bros. are reportedly handling Western US distribution now…more to come?
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.