Here’s this week’s report:
- Upslope Brewing Company releases its highly anticipated Pumpkin Ale on September 10, 2012. This beer won gold in 2011 at the GABF! Oh my gourd! Hey, this is hitting shelves NOW! (NOTE: Mostly seen in Boulder at this point…no Denver sightings yet)
- Odell’s The Meddler dropped on September 8.
Expect to see it hit Denver shortly, maybe this week?It’s hitting shelves NOW!
- Funkwerks is releasing Cherry Saison on Thursday (13th). Showing up on shelves NOW!
- No-Li Brewhouse from Spokane, Washington is testing out the Denver market. Four of their bombers will hit the market including Silent Treatment Pale, Born & Raised IPA, Crystal Bitter and Jet Star Imperial IPA. No-Li will host a tapping party at Falling Rock Taphouse on September 14. I’m unsure when we’ll start seeing the bottles…but assume very soon. (UPDATE: I’m at Falling Rock as we speak and chatted with the folks from No-Li. They spent the day delivering to the larger area stores, so look for their beers soon. Or now. I tried all of them and they make great beers.)
- On Sept 22, Ska will release their Autumnal Mole Stout. This is part of their new seasonal release program which are made available on the equinox or solstice of each of the four seasons of the year. It should hit Denver shortly afterwards.
- Ken Schmidt / Iron Fist / Stone Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout is coming out 9/24. I expect that bottles will hit Denver shortly afterwards.
- Avery Rumpkin is confirmed for Saturday, Sept 29 at 5PM. Cash only! Also, Odio Equum is planned for Sunday, Oct. 7. W00t!
- Remember that time I reported about Stone “Enjoy By” and then it didn’t show up in Denver? Haha…good times. Well, it is coming to Denver…in October. I’ve heard late October and I’ve heard during GABF. Regardless, when it comes out, buy it ASAP…even if at work, and drink it in the bathroom so it’s as fresh as possible. Drink it during your wedding ceremony! Drink it during your Bat Mitzah! While flying a plane! Freshness yo! (UPDATE: Enjoy By 11.09.12 is coming. Release date is 10/8…just in time for GABF. Only problem is, about 40,000 other people will be in town then too…YIKES!!)
- Also coming for GABF as a one-off is another Oskar Blues/Sunk King collaboration named The Deuce Hopped Up Brown Ale. If you had Chaka, you know this will be good.
- Did you hear that Cigar City will be bringing some of their brews to Denver during the GABF? Freshcraft, Falling Rock and Star Bar will have some of their beers on tap. Awesome! So is Sun King! And this is only the beginning my friends…visit my handy, dandy GABF Calendar to see all the awesome events. The GABF Calendar is continuously updated as events come available. Holy cow!
- Sam Adams Utopia’s usually only comes out once every two years. But, it will be released this year as a special 10th year anniversary edition. Look for it in November with a suggested retail price of $160! Cheap!
- Elevation will release their RIS, Oil Man, which was aged in Breckenridge Distillery barrels. Expect to see it sometime in November.
- Goose Island Bourbon County Stout is scheduled to hit Denver the last week of November. Git yer hunting pants ready.
- The label for New Belgium Imperial Coffee Chocolate Stout has been approved…but when is it coming out? We’ll know soon enough. This is a Lips of Faith beer and very, very different than the others in the series…exciting?
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.