Here’s this week’s report:
- As always folks, check out the comments in my reports. People are always posting excellent info on things I’ve missed.
- Elevation Beer Company Signal de Botrange Farmhouse Ale Aged in Chardonnay Wine Barrels is hitting town and already showing up in a few places.
- Hoppin’ Frog’s Barrel Aged Naked Evil is hitting shelves right now. A big and expensive barleywine, but highly rated… Also, their Hollow Double Pumpkin Ale.
- Odell’s The Meddler will drop on September 8. Expect to see it hit Denver shortly after that.
- No-Li Brewhouse from Spokane, Washington is testing out the Denver market. Four of their bombers will hit the market including Silent Treatment Pale, Born & Raised IPA, Crystal Bitter and Jet Star Imperial IPA. No-Li will host a tapping party at Falling Rock Taphouse on September 15.
- On Sept 22, Ska will release their Autumnal Mole Stout. This is part of their new seasonal release program which are made available on the equinox or solstice of each of the four seasons of the year. It should hit Denver shortly afterwards.
- Ken Schmidt / Iron Fist / Stone Mint Chocolate Imperial Stout is coming out 9/24. I expect that bottles will hit Denver afterwards.
- Avery Rumpkin is confirmed for Saturday, Sept 29 at 5PM. Cash only! Also, Odio Equum is planned for Sunday, Oct. 7. W00t!
- Remember that time I reported about Stone “Enjoy By” and then it didn’t show up in Denver? Haha…good times. Well, it is coming to Denver…in October. I’ve heard late October and I’ve heard during GABF. Regardless, when it comes out, buy it ASAP…even if at work, and drink it in the bathroom so it’s as fresh as possible. Drink it during your wedding ceremony! Drink it during your Bat Mitzah! While flying a plane! Freshness yo!
- Also coming for GABF as a one-off is another Oskar Blues/Sunk King collaboration named Deuce. If you had Chaka, you know this will be good.
- Did you hear that Cigar City will be bringing some of their brews to Denver during the GABF? Freshcraft, Falling Rock and Star Bar will have some of their beers on tap. Awesome! So is Sun King! And this is only the beginning my friends…visit my handy, dandy GABF Calendar to see all the awesome events. The GABF Calendar is continuously updated as events come available. Holy cow!
- Sam Adams Utopia’s usually only comes out once every two years. But, it will be released this year as a special 10th year anniversary edition. Look for it in November with a suggested retail price of $160!
- The label for New Belgium Imperial Coffee Chocolate Stout has been approved…but when is it coming out? We’ll know soon enough. This is a Lips of Faith beer and very, very different than the others in the series…exciting?
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.