Here’s this week’s report:
- Pumpkin beers? Already? I’m reluctant to even talk about them in this 90 degree weather. If that’s your thing, there’s a whole truck load of pumpkin beers making the rounds.
- Pliny the Elder is showing up around town. As well as some other boring stuff. Yawn.
- Sierra Nevada/Russian River Brux! Holy crap….it’s finally here!!! But now…I don’t even want it…took too damn long for me to care anymore.
- Elevation Beer Company Signal de Botrange Farmhouse Ale Aged in Chardonnay Wine Barrels is coming soon. They bottled it July 15, so it should hit soon. We should see this soon. It’s showing up in kegs around town this week…sooooo…
- Avery Rumpkin is planned for Saturday, Sept 29 and Odio Equum is planned for Sunday, Oct. 7. W00t!
- Also on Sept 29, Ska will release their Autumnal Mole Stout. This is part of their new seasonal release program which are made available on the equinox or solstice of each of the four seasons of the year. It should hit Denver shortly afterwards.
- Did you hear that Cigar City will be bringing some of their brews to Denver during the GABF? Freshcraft, Falling Rock and Star Bar will have some of their beers on tap. Awesome! And this is only the beginning my friends…visit my handy, dandy GABF Calendar to see all the awesome events. The GABF Calendar is continuously updated as events come available. Holy cow!
- Remember that time I reported about Stone “Enjoy By” and then it didn’t show up in Denver? Haha…good times. Well, it is coming to Denver…in October. I’ve heard late October and I’ve heard during GABF. Regardless, when it comes out, buy it ASAP…even if at work, and drink it in the bathroom so it’s as fresh as possible. Drink it during your wedding ceremony! Drink it during your Bat Mitzah! While flying a plane! Freshness yo!
- Check out this article from Westword’s Colorado Beer Man (aka Big Shikes) on some fun things coming up: Ten Colorado Beers You’ll Be Seeing Soon
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.