Here’s this week’s report:
- Odell Deconstruction is making the rounds.
- The New Belgium/Alpine Beer Company Super India Pale Ale should be hitting this week…maybe. It’s hit every-freaking-where else…not sure why people 1500 miles away have gotten it already and we are getting it just now (again…maybe). Even Ft. Collins has it…just not Denver. (Here’s the story as I understand it. All Leaps of Faith beers use the same UPC, so the distributor wants all the previous beer gone before releasing the latest beer. Apparently, all the Brett Beer is not yet gone (as of last week). So, we need to wait until that’s gone. Maybe this week? Or next? Anyone ready for some faded hops?) SUPER UPDATE!!! There has been sightings in Denver….repeat, there has been sightings in Denver! Git some! Also, look out for Peach Porch Lounger, the Saison collaboration with New Belgium and G. Love. This stuff sounds like it’s going to be some special sauce (sorry, I had to).
- Others: Mikkeller’s SpontanFramboos, Shipyard Brewing Company Pugsley’s Smashed Pumpkin.
- What the Brux? (I’m really tired of waiting for this. But just like Super IPA…this is distributed by Coors who lack any sense of craft beer urgency. I’ll save the brutal language for private conversations.) (Word is, this might arrive this week, along with the Beer Camp box. We’ll see…)
- Elevation Beer Company Signal de Botrange Farmhouse Ale Aged in Chardonnay Wine Barrels is coming soon. They bottled it July 15, so it should hit soon. We should see this soon.
According to this article, Denver is not one of the markets that will get Stone’s Enjoy By 09.21.12 IPA. BUT…one of my beer guys told me the local distributors are taking orders. So, we’ll see what happens next week.Nope, we aren’t getting it…this time. But look for future iterations of this freshie.
- Check out this article from Westword’s Colorado Beer Man (aka Big Shikes) on some fun things coming up: Ten Colorado Beers You’ll Be Seeing Soon
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.