Here’s this week’s report:
- Great Divide‘s new Doppelbock, Wolfgang, was originally scheduled for a July 1 release…but will we see it sooner? I think yes…as in this week.
- Boulevard Brewing Company Love Child No. 2 is coming soon (this week!!!) and will be VERY limited quantities. Beer hunter’s delight!
- Avery announced the release date for the next Barrel-Aged Series beer; Oud Floris. The beer is being described as a “Flanders-esque dark brown sour” that’s been aged in some interesting barrels including Cabernet Sauvignon, bourbon, rum and Chardonnay. Wow! It will be released from the tap room on June 24th (a Sunday!) at 4pm. It’s expected that none of this will make it out of state…therefore, rare. $8/ bottle, 6 bottle limit, cash only suckas!
- Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA was released June 10th in CA, expect to see it hit the Denver market very shortly. It’s already been at a few places in keg…expect bottles to show up soon, maybe this week. One obscure update said June 23rd for a Denver bottle release…we’ll know soon. (UPDATE: Next week…next week)
- Mo’ Betta Bretta? I’m confused by this because we just got a New Belgium/Lost Abbey (Brett Beer) release, also a brett beer. Now, we might be getting this too? While Lost Abbey’s version was released last week in CA, it is unclear if the Lost Abbey version will arrive in Denver. Since we do get Lost Abbey distribution here…I assume we may get it here? So many questions. Supposedly, New Belgium is releasing their version as part of the Lips of Faith series later in the year…I’ll keep y’all posted as I find out more (and if anyone has info, please pass it on!).
- Another Dogfish Head brew, Positive Contact, releases June 18. This is a beer/cider hybrid that was conjured by Dan the Automator and others…should be interesting. There will also be Positive Contact box sets which will include six bottles of Positive Contact, four hip-hop dub remixes on vinyl and six recipes…for a good night o’ debauchery.
- Stone’s limited edition versions of the Smoked Porter (Vanilla Bean, Chipotle) will be here by the end of the month. BBQ time.
- Firestone Walker Double DBA will be released on July 15th. This is a new brew from FW and is basically their DBA x 2. It will be distributed to Denver, so look for it after July 15. Expect a shit show of people trying to get this one, just like all the FW releases.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.