Here’s this week’s report:
- The New Belgium/Lost Abbey collaboration Brett Beer is out in some places now!
- Dogfish Head Festina Peche should be all up in here soon. It’s already shown up at one store (that I know of), so the flood gates should open soon.
- TRVE Brewing will open its doors this Saturday, June 9th, at noon and allow the public to sample Wanderlust, their Belgian-American Pale. They’ll also be selling their growlers as part of their CVLT. This is sort of a soft opening, in a way, and a great opportunity to sample a new beer from a new brewery. They officially open June 27th.
- Stone Ruination Tenth Anniversary IPA is being release June 10th, expect to see it hit the Denver market very shortly after that.
- Crooked Stave is releasing their next Cellar Reserve beer; Persica, a Sour Golden Ale Aged in Oak with Peaches. Here’s the deal though; this one is super-mega-ultra limited. Reserve members will get their one bottle and can only order 1 extra. Expect to see none of these leftover and consider yourself lucky if you get your hands on one. Also, word is this one is absolutely fantastic. Those who have tasted it say it’s the best Crooked Stave release yet…I’m excited for this. Being release
May 26thJune 16th (Chad changed the date on the account of it being the holiday weekend and such).
- Avery announced the release date for the next Barrel-Aged Series beer; Oud Floris. The beer is being described as a “Flanders-esque dark brown sour” that’s been aged in some interesting barrels including Cabernet Sauvignon, bourbon, rum and Chardonnay. Wow! It will be released from the tap room on June 24th (a Sunday!) at 4pm. It’s expected that none of this will make it out of state…therefore, rare. $8/ bottle, 6 bottle limit, cash only suckas!
- Great Divide‘s new Doppelbock, Wolfgang, hit the bottling line this week. The scheduled release date is July 1…but will we see it sooner?
- Another Dogfish Head brew, Positive Contact, releases June 18. This is a beer/cider hybrid that was conjured by Dan the Automator and others…should be interesting. There will also be Positive Contact box sets which will include six bottles of Positive Contact, four hip-hop dub remixes on vinyl and six recipes…for a good night o’ debauchery. Will this box set make it to Denver? I have no idea…but sounds fun!
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.