It’s American Craft Beer Week and Colorado Craft Beer Week…holy moly there are lots of releases and things going on. I started sifting through all the breweries and events and was considering posting them here…but honestly, there’s way too much going on. Check your favorite brewery’s website or Facebook page and find out what they’ve got going on. Honorable mentions; River North, Dry Dock, Falling Rock Tap House, Mountain Sun, Euclid Hall and Strange Brewing. But please do check your favorite places…almost everyone has something going on. For a pretty comprehensive list of events, check out Denver Off the Wagon. It’s madness, I say!
- Deschutes/Hair of the Dog Collage
might hit this week. I say might, because from what I’ve read, it will be available at the breweries…but one source indicates it will hit here.Hair of the Dog makes some kickass stuff and we don’t normally get them in CO, so this is a nice treat. This beer was actually brewed back in 2010 and has been aging in various barrels for 2 years! Zoinks! (UPDATE: This one is definitely coming to Denver, but extremely limited and not until late May/early June)It’s here! At least 2 stores have it right now, extremely limited 1 bottle limit. A 3rd will have it this weekend…and probably others.
- Brasserie des Franches-Montagnes (BFM) Abbaye de Saint Bon Chien 2006, 2007, & 2009 (extremely limited yo!), Hanssens Oude Gueuze (750ml & 375 ML). Plus more from our friends at Shelton Bros.
- For you Pliny geeks, PtE has bombarded the state.
- Yeah, so, Uinta Birthday Suit is out there too. Check reviews on this one, or be adventurous and say eff ’em all.
- Grand Teton Snarling Badger Berliner Weisse is coming next week. This is a Cellar Reserve Series beer. It is a much stronger version than the usual Berliner Weisse at 7.5%.
- AC Golden has the Hidden Barrel Project coming out with 3 sour beers; apricot, cherry and peach. It will be sold in 750 ml bottles and it appears it will be available at only one location in the Denver metro area. These will retail for $21.99 each. Expected availability sometime this month…very soon. I had the Apricot version at Rackhouse Pub…it was delicious! From an extremely reliable source…we will see these on May 26th. Very limited with 8 cases of the peach and 16 cases of the apricot…if I remember correctly. Not sure about the cherry.
- Crooked Stave is releasing their next Cellar Reserve beer; Persica, a Sour Golden Ale Aged in Oak with Peaches. Here’s the deal though; this one is super-mega-ultra limited. Reserve members will get their one bottle and can only order 1 extra. Expect to see none of these leftover and consider yourself lucky if you get your hands on one. Also, word is this one is absolutely fantastic. Those who have tasted it say it’s the best Crooked Stave release yet…I’m excited for this. Being release May 26th.
- Elevation Beer Company will release Apis IV, a 10.5 percent ABV Belgian Dark Strong Ale, in 750 ML cork and caged bottles to Denver in late May. This will be their first beer in the Denver market.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.