Here’s this week’s report:
- Avery’s Uncle Jacob’s Stout
should be hitting shelves this week for those of you that missed the releaseis on shelves right now! If you missed the release, I definitely suggest picking some up. I drank one of my bottles last week, and although hot right now, it was very complex and delicious. My favorite CO beer of the year so far…and I even thought it was better than KBS. Yes, I said it.
- Stone’s Russian Imperial Stout 2012 and the Bottleworks 13th Anniversary Ale have been spotted in stores. The Bottleworks beer uses 13 malts and 13 hops and is for Bottleworks of Seattle’s 13th anniversary. The ratings seem to be good on this one.
- River North Brewery’s J. Marie Saison is showing up on shelves. This is their second bottled beer, that was quick! Look for it at the same stores that carried Hypothesis.
- Firestone Walker’s Wookey Jack Black Rye IPA has been seen around town…mmmmm.
- One of the local stores had a monster import beer delivery…looks like another big Shelton Bros delivery? Of interest: Leipziger Gose, Etienne Dupont Cuvee Colette vintage 2008, Abbaye de Saint Bon Chien Grand Cru 2011 Rum Cask, Abbaye de Saint Bon Chien Biere de Garde Vintages 2010 and 2009, Hanssens Experimental Cassis, Hanssens Scarenbecca Kriek, Brasserie a Vapeur Saison de Pipaix Vintage 1996. Insanity!
- Both the Victory and Dogfish Head versions of Saison du Buff are showing up on shelves this week.
- Widmer Brothers Raspberry Russian Imperial Stout ’12 has been spotted in the area. Sounds interesting.
- Maybe not really a beer hunter’s beer due to it’s pretty wide availability in the Denver area, but Crooked Stave has a brand spanking new formula of Petite Sour coming out this week.
I’m not sure if it will hit shelves this weekend or next week, but keep an eye out for it.Already on some shelves right now.
- Coming soon:
- River North is releasing a tap room only 10% ABV Quadruple. No bottles of this, but kegs will make it to some local bars.
- Great Divide Stranahan’s Whiskey Barrel-Aged Old Ruffian Barley Wine next week! Yes, those words just came out of my mouth (or fingertips…whatever)!
- AC Golden has the Hidden Barrel Project coming out with 3 sour beers; apricot, cherry and peach. It will be sold in 750 ml bottles and it appears it will be available at only one location in the Denver metro area. These will retail for $21.99 each. Expected availability sometime this month…very soon.
- Rumor that Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale should show up in the area mid/late-April. Update: One store reported they are getting in next week (week ending 4/27), so go ahead and look for it. (Editor’s note: I had this in CA and was less than impressed, but maybe it’s some of y’all’s cup of tea.).
- Oskar Blues/Sun King Chaka drops May 8th. This Belgian-style 8% ABV ale will be in cans and gives us Coloradoans a chance to try Sun King in state.
- Firestone Walker Parabola is coming in May! It looks like this is going to be very limited quantities, so this is a true beer hunter’s item of interest.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.