Here’s this week’s report:
- Marble Brewing out of Albuquerque, NM just started distributing to the area. Their beers have started showing up on shelves this past weekend and includes a mix of sixers and bombers. Some stores are getting only the six-packs of IPA, Red Ale and Wild flower Wheat. Other stores are getting only the bombers including their DIPA and Double White Ale. A few lucky stores are getting both. By the way, their beers seem to get some really good ratings, so check them out.
- One liquor store in the South Metro area had this to say, “We just got in the GABF 2011 Gold Medal Winner Grimm Bros Brewhouse Little Red Cap Alt Style Ale and their Dunkel Lager Fearless Youth. You will NOT find these south of Longmont”. I don’t know the validity of this statement, but if true, Denver metro folks should check it out. Only hint I’ll give, it’s near Parker Rd and Arapahoe (Note: there are 2 stores in that area…only one has it). The same store got some Epic beers out of SLC (Santa Cruz Brown Ale and Sour Apple Saison).
- Others: Brasserie des Franches-Montagnes Bon Chien Grand Cru aged in rum barrels, Thornbridge Brewery Bracia Dark Ale brewed w/ honey, Hanssens Artisanaal Experimental Cassis Lambic (!), Gasthaus & Gosebrauerei Bayerischer Bahnhof Leipziger Gose Salt Beer, LoverBeer Madamin Sour, Harviestoun brewery Ola Dubh 18yr, birrificio almond ’22 Pink Peppercorn IPA, and Crazy Mountain Brewery Lava Lake Wit.
- More Red Poppy and more White Oak in the area…
- Avery’s Uncle Jacob’s Stout should be hitting shelves next week for those of you that missed the release last week.
- AC Golden has the Hidden Barrel Project coming out with 3 sour beers; apricot, cherry and peach. It will be sold in 750 ml bottles and it appears it will be available at only one location in the Denver metro area. These will retail for $21.99 each. Expected availability sometime this month…very soon.
- Rumor that Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale should show up in the area mid-April.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.