Here’s this week’s report:
- Super secret beer sighting (highlight this ->): Cantillon Classic Gueuze is coming again! Git hunting!
- Sightings: The Lost Abbey Red Poppy (!), The Bruery White Oak, Ommegang Art of Darkness, Green Flash Palate Wrecker and Mikkeller Beer Geek Brunch “Weasel” Cognac Barrel Aged. Go find the poop beer!
- More Dogfish Head 120 Minute is in the area, as well as Sah-Tea.
- River North Brewery has bottled up Hypothesis, their Belgian-Style Double IPA. I expect we will see wide availability of this over time, but right now it’s only available at the brewery and a couple of retail locations.
- Avery Uncle Jacob’s Stout is a new Barrel Series release that will be released on Saturday, April 7th at 5 PM. This beer is described as a 17.4% ABV stout aged in Maker’s Mark Bourbon barrels for 6 months. Sounds fucking fantastic! $10/per bottle, and a 12 bottle limit. My assumption right now is that they brewed a lot of this since the limit is much higher than previous releases…so this might show up on store shelves and out of state in the near future?
- Twisted Pine is releasing the next in their Artisan Ale series, West Bound Braggot, on Saturday, April 7th. Twisted Pine will start selling it at noon for $14.99. The Twisted Pine Artisan Ales have been making it to the shelves, but lagging a few weeks behind the brewery releases and in limited quantities. Between this and Avery’s release, Saturday sounds like a good day to spend in Boulder…
- AC Golden has the Hidden Barrel Project coming out with 3 sour beers; apricot, cherry and peach. It will be sold in 750 ml bottles and it appears it will be available at only one location in the Denver metro area. These will retail for $21.99 each. Expected availability
is around the end of this month (March)…maybe this week?sometime in April.
- Early rumor that Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale should show up in the area mid-April.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.