Here’s this week’s report (so far):
- Great Divide 18th Anniversary Wood Aged IPA wide availability this week.
- Odell’s Shenanigans, an Oak Aged Crimson Ale, was released at the brewery on Saturday (March 24) . On shelves now.
- Others: Sierra Nevada Hoptimum, Cantillon Classic Gueuze, Cantillon Rose de Gambrinus, Anchorage The Tide and it’s Takers Wine Barrel Aged Triple with Brett and Fantome Hiver have also been seen in the Denver area. (FYI, the Cantillon sold out in 20 minutes at one store…so be prepared!!!!)
- AC Golden has the Hidden Barrel Project coming out with 3 sour beers; apricot, cherry and peach. It will be sold in 750 ml bottles and it appears it will be available at only one location in the Denver metro area. These will retail for $21.99 each. Expected availability is around the end of this month (March)…maybe this week?
- Avery Uncle Jacob’s Stout is a new Barrel Series release that will be released on April 7th at 5 PM. This beer is described as a 17.4% ABV stout aged in Bourbon barrels for 6 months (reportedly, Maker’s Mark…can anyone confirm?). Sounds fucking fantastic! $10/per bottle, and a 12 bottle limit. My assumption right now is that they brewed a lot of this since the limit is much higher than previous releases…so this might show up on store shelves and out of state in the near future?
- Early rumor that Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale should show up in the area mid-April.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.