Here’s this week’s report (so far):
- Great Divide 18th Anniversary Wood Aged IPA has been sighted!
- Dogfish Head 75 Minute?
EarlyNot a rumor, it’s on shelves in Denver, now.
- When did Boulevard Rye-on-Rye come out? If I missed it on an earlier report, my apologies. If it just came out this week then…hey guys, it’s out.
- Being released on Saturday, March 24 is Odell’s Shenanigans, an Oak Aged Crimson Ale. There will be a release party at Odell’s on Saturday. I assume this will hit shelves, but don’t plan on seeing it until the week beginning March 26th…I’ll update this as I get more information.
- Also being released on Saturday (the 24th) is Crooked Stave’s first Cellar Reserve release, Blackberry Petite Sour. The beer is being released at Falling Rock in Denver (and Cured in Boulder on Sunday)…but before you even think about going, you have to be a Cellar Reserve member to get the beer. It is NOT being sold to non-members at the releases and the beer will NOT be available on store shelves, but might be seen on tap and in bottles at bars and restaurants around town and in the Crooked Stave tap room (when it opens). So how do you get a bottle? Cellar Reserve members have the option to purchase extras. ’nuff said.
- Others: Russian River Santification & Redemption
- AC Golden has the Hidden Barrel Project coming out with 3 sour beers; apricot, cherry and peach. It will be sold in 750 ml bottles and it appears it will be available at only one location in the Denver metro area. These will retail for $21.99 each. Expected availability is around the end of this month (March).
- Avery Uncle Jacob’s Stout is a new Barrel Series release that will be released on April 7th at 5 PM. This beer is described as a 17.4% ABV stout aged in Bourbon barrels for 6 months (reportedly, Maker’s Mark…can anyone confirm?). Sounds fucking fantastic! $10/per bottle, and a 12 bottle limit. My assumption right now is that they brewed a lot of this since the limit is much higher than previous releases…so this might show up on store shelves and out of state in the near future?
- Early rumor that Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale should show up in the area mid-April.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.