Here’s this week’s report (so far):
- Russian River Pliny the Elder and Sanctification sigthings. W00t!
- Funkwerks Brett Dream (an ale made with two strains of saison yeast and Brettanomyces) is being released on Thursday, March 15.
Right now, it is unclear if this is a brewery only release or if it will be available on shelves…look for an update later in the week.Update: This is available NOW in a few stores!
- Other releases of note: Twisted Pine Sacred Spice, Stone/Fat Head’s/Bear Republic TBA
- Being released next week on March 24 is Odell’s Shenanigans, an Oak Aged Crimson Ale. There will be a release party at Odell’s on the 24th. I assume this will hit shelves, but don’t plan on seeing it until the week beginning March 26th…I’ll update this in next week’s report (and maybe the week after) as I get more information.
- Also being released on March 24 is Crooked Stave’s first Cellar Reserve release, Blackberry Petite Sour. The beer is being released at Falling Rock in Denver (and Cured in Boulder on the 25th)…but before you even think about going, you have to be a Cellar Reserve member to get the beer. It is NOT being sold to non-members at the releases and the beer will NOT be available on store shelves, but might be seen on tap and in bottles at bars and restaurants around town and in the Crooked Stave tap room (when it opens). So how do you get a bottle? Cellar Reserve members have the option to purchase extras. ’nuff said.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.