Here’s this week’s report:
I’ve added a new feature to the blog, the GABF Calendar! This calendar includes events surrounding the GABF as part of Denver Beer Week.
- Late Friday addition: Crooked Stave Hop Savant Galaxy Hop. That’s fucking right.
- Stone 17th Anniversary Götterdämmerung IPA is raining down on Denver.
- Yeah, there’s a whole bunch of pumpkin, oktoberfest and Fall beers out, but I’m not posting them. It’s still freaking Summer! I’m not mentioning Kaiser, nor Fermentation without Representation, nor Night Owl, nor any others. Just, no.
- Ska / Brash Skankin’ Dirty DIPA collaboration is out.
- Clown Shoes sent us some new stuff, including Very Angry Dragon and Muffin Top.
- The Bruery Batch 1000 should hit possibly next week. The best part? The recipe is from a couple of Denver locals, one of them a frequenter of this very blog. W00t!
- Word is out that Ballast Point is re-entering the CO market. This should happen this month…? (UPDATE: Next week?)
- Avery Thensaurum releases August 25th at the brewery. Very limited, doubtful it will hit stores.
- Iron Maiden Trooper Ale? There is one distributor in the area carrying it, so we’ll see… Does this qualify for beer hunting? Who cares, because…metal. Iron Maiden’s gonna get you, no matter how far.
- Sierra Nevada Beer Camp should hit Denver in a week or so. Also, Narwhal should be here in about a month-ish.
- New Belgium Yuzu Imperial Berliner Weisse and Coconut Curry Hefe have been spotted in Ft Collins. Denver should see it at some point in the [distant] future. (UPDATE: In Denver, Coors wants to get rid of about 85 cases of Heavenly Feijoa and 69 cases of Pluot before they release these two. So….looks like it might be a while.)
- Soon come:
- New Belgium & Cigar City collaboration beer, brewed with anaheim and marash chilis. Release date TBD, but label has already been approved.
- Firestone Walker/Mikkeller Lil’ Mikkel is going to hit us soon. Not sure on date, but label has been approved already.
- Three Barrel Brewing will start distributing to Denver very soon. Rumor is only one store in Denver will have it…
- There are RUMORS that AleSmith is coming to CO soon. This is a recurring rumor…so let’s sit on this and see what happens. (Rumor mill = September?!?!?!?!)
- Some Salt Lake breweries, including Wasatch and Squatters, are also hitting the market soon (September)
- And….Speakeasy out of San Fran is also scheduled to hit the market soon (September)
Saint Arnold from Houston has been confirmed to enter the Denver market in September. Their Amarillo Hefe is wonderful…I’d like more please.
- Is the market getting too crowded????? It’s unclear if some of these are just coming temporarily for GABF, similar to what Short’s did last year, but it’s going to get rough for breweries to survive in this market.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.