Here’s this week’s report:
- Dogfish Head 120 Minute is exploding all over the front range and your face.
- Crooked Stave Wild Wild Brett Blue is out now. It sounds damn interesting too.
- River North is releasing Whiskey-Aged Quandary Quadrupel. Numbered bottles. Their barrel releases have been fantastic so far. Out now.
- AC Golden’s Hidden Barrel Collection Kriek is hitting only one local store on July 14th. Guess which one.
- Another Dogfish Head brew, Positive Contact, released June 18. This is a beer/cider hybrid that was conjured by Dan the Automator and others…should be interesting. There will also be Positive Contact box sets which will include six bottles of Positive Contact, four hip-hop dub remixes on vinyl and six recipes…for a good night o’ debauchery. (Major Update!!!! It’s here and SUPER DUPER LIMITED. I’ll arm wrestle you for it!)
- Avery’s Oud Floris should be hitting shelves this week.
Fo’ reals, yo.Nope. No, not fo’ reals y’all. Next week! I promise…?
- (?????) Russian River/Sierra Nevada Brux (?????), a “domesticated” wild ale, should hit us soon. It’s being distributed by Sierra Nevada, so we should see it. (Update: Yeah, so…not sure about this one. A few of the beer guys around town haven’t heard a damned thing about it. Weird since every other state is getting it :/ ) (Update 2: We might, *MIGHT*, see it next week!)
- Firestone Walker Double DBA will be released on July 15th. This is a new brew from FW and is basically their DBA x 2. It will be distributed to Denver, so look for it after July 15. Expect a shit show of people trying to get this one, just like all the FW releases. (UPDATE: FW is saying late July now…so we will either see it late July or early August?)
- Elevation Beer Company Signal de Botrange Farmhouse Ale Aged in Chardonnay Wine Barrels is coming soon. I don’t have details on dates or if it will hit Denver, so if anyone has more info it would be much appreciated. (P.S. – Look in the comments…looks like they bottle it July 15. Thanks Nick!)
- Stone’s 16th Anniversary Ale, a 10% ABV double IPA, will be released on August 13th. Look for it in Denver after that.
- Check out this article from Westword’s Colorado Beer Man (aka Big Shikes) on some fun things coming up: Ten Colorado Beers You’ll Be Seeing Soon
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.