Here’s this week’s report:
- Firestone Walker Parabola
is coming…maybeit’s here now! It looks like this is going to be very limited quantities, so this is a true beer hunter’s item of interest. Some inside info indicates this is coming to Colorado THIS WEEK , although it is unclear if that means it will hit shelves this week or next week…one rumor has it on shelves next week, another has it on shelves as early as 5/9 (Wed). Yep, I just bought a few bottles and know it is currently available at a few locations…and expect to see even more hit shelves by the end of the week. Be warned, quantities are definitely limited. One store reported 1/2 a case.
- I dropped the ball on not mentioning New Belgium’s Tart Lychee earlier in the week. I assumed that, like other Lips of Faith releases, it would be plentiful and on the shelves for a while. Well, I went out to look for some and one store ran out, the other store…I got the very last one on the shelf. If you find it, grab the hell out of it!
- He’Brew Funky Jewbelation is hitting some stores right now. I’v been hearing great things about it too.
- It sill remains to be seen if Oskar Blues/Sun King Chaka will hit shelves this week. I had some last week…and it was quite tasty. I haven’t seen any on shelves yet…
- AC Golden has the Hidden Barrel Project coming out with 3 sour beers; apricot, cherry and peach. It will be sold in 750 ml bottles and it appears it will be available at only one location in the Denver metro area. These will retail for $21.99 each. Expected availability sometime this month…very soon. (UPDATE: Word is, there was an issue with the label. Once that is resolved, we should see these hit.) I had the Apricot version at Rackhouse Pub last Saturday…it was delicious! (UPDATE 2: it looks like the label was approved late in April…soon come!) (UPDATE 3: From an extremely reliable source…we will see these possibly on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend, May 26th. Very limited with 8 cases of the peach and 16 cases of the apricot…if I remember correctly).
- Crooked Stave is releasing their next Cellar Reserve beer; Persica, a Sour Golden Ale Aged in Oak with Peaches. Here’s the deal though; this one is super-mega-ultra limited. Reserve members will get their one bottle and can only order 1 extra. Expect to see none of these leftover and consider yourself lucky if you get your hands on one. Also, word is this one is absolutely fantastic. Those who have tasted it say it’s the best Crooked Stave release yet…I’m excited for this. Being release May 26th.
Look for more updates throughout the week (if there are any more to report). Please share any Denver area beer release news you might have with me either in the comments or on Twitter @ssteigerwald.